Sunday, June 10, 2012

Butt Cheek Boogie!


August 8, 2010

I'm sorry, I thought I was going to be able to send out the highlights last night by text to be posted on the bb for me.  My phone is basically dead and I have to get moving quickly on something here at home. But I will post highlights and add detail or ask questions.  KJ and I have to get the house ready for chemo and move some furniture today. Here ya go.




Pet scan - traumatic. For someone with slight claustaphobia anyway. I was tied up with sheets to immobilize me and then conveyered into this three feet wide tube. augh. This fellow in the photo is not cold.  They wrap and tie and pin you to that table.  Actually the reason is so you don't move during the scan.  They mummy wrap you and tell you to RELAX!  But when you do relax your muscles, you find you are so tight inside your mummy case, that you don't have to struggle to remain still. Your arms and legs are supported in position by the mummy wrap.  Inch by inch that skinny table you're lying on moves through the big donut.  

At first I had to pray.....Lord don't let this squeeze me to death. I kept repeating under my breath, "My father does not give us a spirit of fear. My God did not give us a spirit of fear.  My God did not give us a spirit of fear..."   It helped and once the thing moved and my head cleared the tube structure, it was better. If you tell them you have any claustrophobia at all, they send you in feet first so your head comes out first. Then I was okay.




There was music in the background...50's, 60's classic rock and had to keep stopping myself from booging with the music.  At one point the Dude (Mike) asked me  "Ms. Rosey?  Are you flexing your buttocks?" 

Gee is my face red?


"Ummm yes Mike. I'm afraid I was doing a butt cheek boogie to the music".

Who KNEW they would see that?

I heard at least five people in that glass cubicle erupt into laughter while Mike got on the horn...laughing mind you... to tell me to try to control myself. As I left, Piper showed up to tell me I could butt cheek boogie on down to the waiting room where my husband was waiting. Will I ever live that down?

-----------------


Fighting Cancer gets a little less scary
 when you find something 
to have a gut busting laugh over!








No comments:

Post a Comment